Baking is in the air

I find myself looking for things to do during rainy days or days when it's too cold to go outside. Although I live in a climate that the weather is typically 70degrees and sunny, I can't help but long for the feeling of Fall and Winter. This past Sunday I had two of my sisters over for a day of baking. One of the many reasons I LOVE to bake is because I can control what goes into my food, I know every single ingredient that my family and I are consuming. Not to mention the fact that I can ensure that my goodies are 100% organic!

It isn't until this time of year that I can bring myself to make cookies and breads, for me they're just not items I can typically eat year around. Not to mention it's sort of become a tradition to have family baking days. So on Sunday we pulled out our favorite recipes from the year before and started making a mess of the kitchen. I love trying new recipes and sharing them with others to add to their repertoire, so I will share with you one of my favorite recipes for a simple cookie.

Molasses Cookies
3/4 Cup butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 egg
2 Cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
Cream butter & sugar. Beat in egg, molasses & everything (except the Flour). Blend in flour 1/2 cup at a time. Roll into balls and roll in sugar.
Bake at 350degrees for 8-12 minutes.
This recipe makes 16 large cookies, although when I make the cookies I like to make them about the size of half dollar which if you make them that size it makes about 30 cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family