Mama Needs A New Scent...Organic Perfume


My husband bought me perfume on our honeymoon ten years ago. If you know me well, you've heard the story behind where he fell in love with the scent in the first place. Initial reasons aside, I fell in love with the perfume. Never thought about changing.

Then I had babies.

What does perfume and babies have in common? Well, if you breastfeed and wear perfume, you run the risk of confusing your baby's milkie radar. Babies know your mommy's scent the moment they are born. And your milk has an aroma all it. Wearing perfume can get in the way of the breastfeeding relationship getting off to a good start.

Plus, some perfumes are toxic. Since your skin absorbs anything you put on it, the toxins will make their way to your breastmilk. Even change the flavor or smell of it. Babies don't get too excited about anyone messing with their milkies.

However, if you are at the tail end of your breastfeeding relationships, love to 'stink nice' as my children say, or are going out for a special evening and want to wear a nice sent - it always feel nice to play adult for a couple hours here and there, isn't it? - are there healthier green options?

Of course ;)

That's why I'm so excited about searching for a new sent. I'm making my wish list!
  • Red Flower Roll-On Champa Organic Perfume
    "A pure flower and herb distillation. Apply over wrists, neck and pulse points. Created to offer a subtle gesture of the self and to touch the essence of the individual. Stainless steel roller ball applicator for smooth, sensual delivery. Box is 80% recycled paper produced and printed at 100% wind-powered plant in USA.

  • Amka Eau de Toilette by Jo Wood Organics
    "Using the finest grade organic and natural oils extracted from organically grown ingredients, Amka Eau de Toilette has been officially certified organic by ECOCERT."

  • WHOLEARTH just created the first ever USDA certified organic perfume spray. All natural, it contains no synthetic ingredients or dyes and is made with organic alcohol, fragrance and water. Comes in a wonderful variety of aromas like lavender, vanilla, ginger and orange. A little out of my price range, maybe I'll ask Santa this year.

  • More in my price range is Aubrey Organics Ocean Waters Eau De Parfum (Aubrey-Organics.com) Made with a minimum of 95% certified organic ingredients, their fragrances are free of synthetic aldehydes and petrochemicals and formulated for the woman with sensitive skin. How cool is that?! And they also have men's fragrances too ;)
Not having gotten a new perfume in years, I'd be happy with any of the above.

Here's to hoping my hubby sees this post!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family