Soup time is here....

I love Fall, specifically the food and weather of Fall. My husband and I get so excited when the weather finally changes and we can start enjoying our favorite soups. Of course living in San Diego the change in weather isn't as drastic as other parts of the country but for us it's all we know and when the evenings get darker earlier and the air has a chill in it we know it's time to find celery root in the store and start concocting new soups to add to our repertoire.
A new one that was passed to me by a good friend is a Maple Parsnip Soup. So I decided I had to share this amazing recipe.



Maple Parsnip Soup
3 Tablespoons butter (can use part olive oil)
Melt in a heavy bottomed soup pot until beginning to brown

1 pound parsnips (chopped)
2 medium onions (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
Add and saute until onions are translucent but not brown

6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Add and bring to a simmer. Cook until parsnips are soft, about 40 minutes

1/2 cup evaporated milk
Add and remove from heat. Pour into blender and puree until velvety smooth.

1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons dijon mustard (or more for spicer taste)
salt to taste
Stir in. Serve garnished with 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts or other nuts

I know that we will be trying this as soon as our weather becomes Fall, it's October 24th and still in the mid-high 70's. I'm not complaining just excited to be able to try my new recipe and need the weather to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family