I know that every fall we amp up our hand washing behavior to practically obsessive and avoid hanging out with anyone who looks suspicious (aka: sick). But since you can't always tell who is sick and who isn't, in our family we also increase our probiotic intake: kefir for breakfast, a probiotic chewable for lunch. And always eat vitamin C rich fruits in mass!
The other day I saw this list of links concerning different questions that pop up concerning the flu and found the info helpful in refocusing me on what information is really important. The media would want you to worry a hole in your heart about every health threat out there! But that is a health threat in and of itself.
- Your Child Has the Flu: What's a Mother to Do?
- Are Essential Oils as Effective as Hand Sanitizers?
- Vaccinations: Why All The Fuss?
- Who Will Protect the Children?
- Your Child's First Healer
- But Is It Safe for My Baby? Medications and Breastfeeding
- Flu Proofing Garlic and Lemon Tea
- Toxic Overload: Assessing the Role of Mercury in Autism
Stay calm. Stay informed. And wash your hands.